Saturday, June 27, 2009

What I want to do when I get home

I was writing a comment back to Rachael when I started listing things that I want to do when I get home. I found it funny the things I really want to do (which mostly includes eating) are things that I felt were kind of boring while I was there. But anywhere here is a list of things I want to do when I get home:

1. I immediately want some Rancho Grande. I have been craving those greasy tacos and cheese dip for 10 months.

2. Bubble Tea! I found a bubble tea place here but it's not as good as Tea Drops down town.

3. Olive Garden. Boy do I miss those amazing bread sticks and salad. These things are very hard to get here in Korea. Side story: Dave and I went to Bennigans a few months ago. When we sat down the waitress beings us water and bread. We hadn't seen bread at a restaurant in months. So we're munching on it and looking at the menu. Come to find out everything was about 20,000 won or more. So we ate the bread and bolted. lol.. first time I've ever done that.

4. Shopping! I miss places that have more then the F size, which means one size fits all. I miss Victoria's Secret underwear and bras because there is no way I can find a bra that fits here. I miss jeans that aren't made for size negative 0 people. Some Koreans are abnormally small. Sometimes I look at them and wonder how they are walking because they are just bones.

5. Visit my family and friends. I can't wait to see all of you again. And I'm just glad to know that during that probably emotional time that I'll be coming back home I have all of you there for me.. and to distract me :)

6. Driving! Though I probably won't do much of it if their is any snow on the ground. By the time I get home it will have been 15 months since I had driven a car. I'm going to need good weather before I get behind the wheel again. Can you all just pick me up? haha

7. Westport/ The Plaza/ Downtown City Market. Though I lived there my whole life these places seem new to me now and I really want to see and explore them again. I'm sure once I get there I'll be like.. okay bored lol

8. Walmart.. damn you Walmart weaseling your way into my heart.. It's just so darn convenient!! If I want something here in Korea I have to take a bus or a taxi to the closest big store and then I can only buy as much as I can carry. About 2 shopping bags.

9. The oven. I've had this urge to bake stuff for months now.

10. Food in general.. Wendys, normal pan crust Pizza Hut (with no corn or potato wedges on the pizza), Taco Bell, Indian Food (they have it here but it's strangely not as good as back home), Thai Place, buying practically anything I need to make any dish at Hy-Vee (yeah if I want to make spring rolls I can do it), my mom's egg rolls, mashed potatoes, Applebee's app sampler.. I feel fat just looking at all of this lol.

11. A mani/pedi. Sure they do them here but unless you are Korean they just shake their heads and tell you no. I've finally stopped biting my nails.. I'd love a nice manicure.

8 weeks of ECC left then I'm off for a month.. Then traveling for 6 weeks.. then back home. Can't wait to see everyone and KC.

Revision on what I must do:
12. Get my eyebrow waxed. OH MY GOSH I haven't done them in at least a year.. I'm in some serious need.

2 comments:

Third Eye Gypsy said...

See you soon! Enjoy your trip!

Rachael Quinn said...

1. We will go to Rancho Grande with Scrali because I've never been and I know he likes that place
2. I enjoy bubble tea and tea drops, so we will go
3. We must go to Olive Garden so you can eat the salad and I can eat the croutons
4. Shopping at Zona w/ you is fun. No one can stand being at Barnes and Nobel with me like you can..
5. You know I'll be here :)
6. We will practice driving in my car before you go zooming around by yourself lol
7. Westport/Downtown = US so we can get those chicken fingers
8. You know Wal*Mart steals all of our money -- be thankful there isn't one in Korea, but I could wlk around walmart for HOURS
9. WTF you don't have an oven?
10. OMgosh we will eat all of these delish foods
11. What do you mean they tell you no? As soon as you get back to the states we are getting a massage and a mani/pedi A-SAP!

MISS YOU

Sorry for not calling you back -- i was in a serious game of Left 4 Dead and there were some ZOmbies that needed to be dead!! -- AGAIN!